Here’s What You Need to Know about the Next-Generation ERP – S/4HANA
There is something special about the latest SAP ERP system – S/4HANA. This fourth ERP suite by SAP is quickly becoming one of the most successful ERP solutions as it harmonizes with businesses in the digital era by providing real-time collaboration and support for business processes, along with great user experience. What differentiates this modern ERP solution from the classic relational database is its unique architecture, which functions with in-memory data that is stored in columns. This allows for faster computing capabilities, advanced analytics in real time, and active data-driven decision support.
Most businesses that have used SAP ERP over the years are beginning to consider the benefits of SAP HANA before adopting this next-gen ERP solution. A key driving factor for many is that S/4HANA enables them to work seamlessly in a digital economy. More importantly, it is the perfect choice for businesses who want to leverage the benefits of new emerging technologies.
Let us take a clear look at the business benefits of S/4HANA, so you can make an informed business decision.
- Increases Performance: S/4HANA runs only on the SAP HANA flagship program – the in-memory computing database – and takes advantage of the transaction processing speed to enable improved performance. HANA offers democratized data awareness and increased contextual awareness, allowing businesses to design and generate reports and analytics in real-time data, as well as execute them with enhanced forecasting. All these, in turn, enable businesses to provide superior levels of service for customer-centric applications, thereby enhancing the customer experience.
- Simplifies Use: Simplicity is one of the significant features brought to the ECC application structure by SAP. Network resources and hardware are immaculately centralized with S/4HANA, as it brings unparalleled simplicity to the administration and management of the entire IT landscape. The potential is doubled when coupled with cloud adoption as it progresses the reliability of data across functions. The reduced processing time and the ease of responding to queries and transactions enable organizations to put more effort into strategic growth instead of sorting issues with multiple batch run-dependencies.
- Efficient: The user interface is driven by SAP Fiori, which is backed by SAP HANA. The modern design in Fiori 2.0 provides an innovative user experience and provides a credible business advantage. The UI is designed to be responsive, simple, personalized and highly intuitive, enabling users to access the required details or prompt questions in real time regardless of deployment or device. Businesses can eventually evolve, improve productivity, connect with the customers at a deeper level, drive new revenues, access big data and IoT and support quick decision-making by gaining relevant insights into any data in real time.
- Cost-effective Measure: Adopting S/4HANA is a smart move in terms of cost efficiency too. The ability to bring all the transactional and analytical capabilities of a multitude of systems into one location easily makes it a cost-efficient model. On an average, procurement costs have noted a 15% decrease while the capital requirement costs noted a decrease of 35%. Another important business benefit is the easy transition to the cloud offered by S/4HANA – a move that can take place at any time in an organization, thereby reducing costs.
- Innovation: From driving cloud adoption by businesses to leveraging context, data accessibility and speed in ways not seen earlier, the stage for future innovation is set by SAP S/4HANA. Businesses that want to stay ahead of the curve and make future-ready decisions need to offer innovative solutions and widen the capabilities offered by S/4HANA.
In today’s fundamentally challenging and critical environment, SAP has completely revolutionized database management through S/4HANA and its capabilities. The real-time replication service can be used to access and replicate data from SAP ERP, in turn benefiting the business and enabling them to make smart decisions. Compared to traditional databases, SAP HANA has a database speed that is approximately 3600 times faster and is capable of computing 50 terabytes of data in a mere 0.04 seconds. Though SAP HANA offers a highly advanced data platform, organizations need to truly maximize the business benefits from a migration or upgrade by considering its digital capabilities and carefully evaluating the benefits that they can leverage.
If you are looking to get started or are considering S/4HANA for your business, get in touch with us to discuss the best implementation road map for your organization.